Body Building is a really fun and entertaining piece written for 3+ players. Players sit in chairs and use their hands to drum on different parts of the body according to the legend at the top of the music.
Music includes: foot stomps, leg & belly hits, clapping, snapping, the wave + other visuals.
3 Variations Included:
1) Fills written. Students play "fills" as written.
2) Rhythms given. Students build their own "fills" using the rhythms given.
3) Blank fills. Students write their own "fills" from scratch or choose from fills chosen as class favorites.
Additional Composing Game Ideas:
• All students play the 3-measure "groove," then each student in the class takes a turn performing their favorite fill they composed solo.
• Each student composes 3 fills using the rhythms given or from scratch. Narrow down the "class favorite" fills however you wish. Then, all students write in the 3 fills the class will use together for performance.
Body Building | A Body Percussion Piece
Length: 0:36 - 3:00
Instrumentation: feet, legs, bellies, hands
File Type: PDF