Deck the Halls is a joy-filled crowd pleaser. This arrangement includes music for soprano recorder, bells, and 4 levels of bucket drum parts so ALL of your students' needs are met, regardless of their skill level or instruments available.
Lyrics are included in every part to help students make a connection to how their part fits with the familiar song and/or sing along while they play!
- Soprano Recorder (range: E-F')
- Bells (Melody)
- Bells (Harmony)
- Bucket Drum (Easy, with an even easier call + response option, too)
- Bucket Drum (Easy-Intermediate)
- Bucket Drum (Intermediate)
- Bucket Drum (Intermediate-Advanced)
- Chords (for optional accompaniment)
- As many advanced players as you have (even if that's just 1) play the easy two-hand harmony. The rest play the familiar melody.
- All players play the same part, depending on their collective skill level.
- Multiple groups play different parts, one after the other, getting more challenging with each new group and lengthening the performance time.
- Multiple groups play different parts at the same time.
Recorder Ensemble with Choir
- As many advanced players aas you have play the recorder part. The rest of the students sing the lyrics.
General Music Mashup
- Students are split into groups to play recorder, bells, or bucket drums and have them perform the song together or one instrument after the other with a full-ensemble grand finale!
- Invite the audience to sing along!
This product is for you to use as a teaching tool and does not include specific instructions on how to teach each and every concept. For more information about how to effectively teach all facets of percussion, look into Skye's teaching conferences and programs.
Deck the Halls | Bucket Drum, Bells, Recorder
Level: (multiple options) Easy to Intermediate
Length: 1:00 - 5:00
Instrumentation: recorder, bells, bucket drums
File Type: PDF (7 pages)