Joy to the World is a familiar song that gets audiences smiling from ear-to-ear. This arrangement is a great opener or closer to your concert! It includes music for soprano recorder, 3 bell parts, and 2 bucket drum parts so ALL of your students' needs are met, regardless of their skill level or instruments available.
Lyrics are included in every part to help students make a connection to how their part fits with the familiar song and/or sing along while they play!
- Soprano Recorder (advanced; C-C')
- Bells (Melody)
- Bells (Harmony)
- Bells (Easy Harmony)
- Bucket Drum (Easy, with an even easier call + response option, too)
- Bucket Drum (Easy-Intermediate)
- Bucket Drum (Advanced)
- Chords (for optional accompaniment)
- Teaching Tips from Skye
- Split the Melody and Harmony parts between your more advanced players and have your other players add to the fun with the additional Easy Harmony.
- All players play the same part, depending on their collective skill level.
- Multiple groups play different parts, one after the other, getting more challenging with each new group and lengthening the performance time.
- Multiple groups play different parts at the same time.
Recorder Ensemble with Choir
- As many advanced players aas you have play the recorder part. The rest of the students sing the lyrics.
General Music Mashup
- Students are split into groups to play recorder, bells, or bucket drums and have them perform the song together or one instrument after the other with a full-ensemble grand finale!
- Invite the audience to sing along!
Joy to the World | Bucket Drum, Recorder, Bells
Level: (multiple options) Easy to Intermediate
Length: 1:00 - 5:00
Instrumentation: recorder, bells, bucket drums
File Type: PDF